Little Gardeners...
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
The kids are definitely taking after their Aunt Ann, and getting to work in the yard!! We stopped at the nursery last Friday afternoon & the kids picked out a flower each. Then we found a spot for them... dug through all the worms & bugs and made a little tiny garden! The kids LOVED getting their hands dirty & Preston loved all the bugs! :)
Aubree picked out the Orange flowers
Preston picked Red
And, we picked White for Baylee
Aubree absolutely insisted that she do ALL the digging & planting!
She did good! :)
This little joker refused to give me a smile...
But, did insist on placing the flower in the hole.
Then we watered the flowers...
And, Preston "pet" the flowers...
All in a day's work....
The grass is getting greener! I love that I have taken a picture of this path, through all the seasons.... Summer, the Fall (covered in leaves), snow, dead winter grass & now life... again!
There are still a lot of trees that haven't started blooming & I'm getting excited to see what they'll look like!!
We were excited to watch this tree bloom... I think it's a Cherry Blossom.
I'm still amazed that all the trees are getting covered in the most beautiful flowers! It's such a treat!
Even the big trees are starting to get flowers...
After being outside for a couple of hours, I told the kids we had to go back inside to get dinner ready & when Preston wasn't coming through the door, I turned around & saw him by our newly planted flowers... He just went over there & ripped his out of the ground. I guess he thought it was strange that we were going to leave something outside! It was so funny! Poor little guy... so we went back & re-planted it. Today we went to water the plants & they all look good, except Preston's is struggling a little bit... Probably because of that last episode. But, I think it'll be fine!
Labels:
.jpg)
1.jpg)
2.jpg)
3.jpg)
4.jpg)
5.jpg)
6.jpg)
7.jpg)
8.jpg)
9.jpg)
10.jpg)
11.jpg)
12.jpg)
13.jpg)
14.jpg)
15.jpg)






Post a Comment