I copied a Princess...

Thursday, March 22, 2012 Posted by Dana J.
Don't laugh at me!! I don't think I've ever done this before!! 

I saw these pictures of Kate Middleton last week & I couldn't get these pants off my mind... I'm not into the Skinny Jean look, or anything - But I really wanted some!! I thought she looked so cute in them with her tennis shoes & her figure is so cute (she actually wore them dressed up with a blazer & black high heels & then traded them out for the sneakers & zip-up sweater), anyway... she looks tall, so I googled her height & she's 5'10, which made me happy because I'm a hair under 5'9. Sooooo... Last night I went to the Mall, and was there for 15 minutes flat.... because I spotted, some identical to hers!

I had to sell Garrick on them, because he's not into that look either, but he liked them & they DO look cute with my Tennis shoes on too! :) I just need to find some cute flats that will compliment them. Ok... So, the reason I'm sharing this (mostly) is because, starting in Jan., I joined the gym & I've been doing weights there 3 times a week, and running 2 1/2 - 3 miles a day, about 3-4 times a week... Plus, eating a bit healthier. Anyway, I'm 6 pounds lighter than I was pre-pregnancy with Baylee, have so much more energy AND these pants are a SIZE 3 (It was the only one left!!)! I don't think I've worn a size 3 in, I don't know... Ten years, or so (??). However, I have never really set any goals for myself to get into really good shape either.

So... I just wanted to share that because I know sometimes it's tough to get motivated to start transforming your body (or trying to), but once you just start, you do eventually (6-8 weeks) start to see some strengthening & definition. I'm really happy I started & now I can't wait to get to the gym, or take a walk/jog everyday. I'm not trying to boast or brag or anything (although, I know I kinda am), but I'm really proud of myself! :) I have another 5-6 months of nursing Baylee, so I can't be too rigorous, or lose too much weight, but I would like to start training for a half marathon (13.1 miles) in September, to do in Decemeber of this year!!!! :) But, we'll see....


Labels: