Our Power cut...

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 Posted by Dana J.
Last week we were losing power on & off for the day (Tuesday, I think). The whole city & surrounding cities lost power for the day - not too sure the reason (I read something about a transformer fire, about 10 miles away - but who knows). Then, at 4pm - just when it was starting to get dark (yes! it gets dark around 4pm), our power went off & stayed off until almost 9pm!

Thank God for lots of candles on hand, and our gas still working (so that I could cook). We ended up having a fun, dark night... making shadow animals on the wall & cooking a steak, cabbage & peanut stir fry... that we all ate in the dark. The kids were having so much fun playing in the candle light that I took a few pictures.

I do have to say... It was the best feeling ever when we were up & running again. I never realized how much I take energy for granted!!



Labels:
  1. Those two look like they have so much fun together! We had a power outage here too and it really is an eye opener! We depend on electricity for so much!!