Bethlehem, Pennsylvannia
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
So, we ended up spending our Saturday afternoon in "The Christmas City" of Bethlehem, PA. It's funny... we went because since the first week of December we have been listening to Christmas music on our TV & you know how they always have pieces of trivia on the bottom of the screen when they play a song? Well, Garrick saw that Bethlehem, PA is known as "The Christmas City", so of course Garrick started researching it & said "it's only 80 miles from here... we should go check it out". So, we did.
We took a beautiful drive through the rural west part of New Jersey (while big snow flakes fell on our car), across the Delaware Gap & into Easton, PA. From there, it wasn't too far. We knew we were getting close when off of Highway 22, we saw "Nazareth Lane". Hahaha!! Anyway, the town had tons of beautiful old buildings, churches & pretty steeples. PA seems like a really nice state to live in. It was just how I had envisioned; all-American, blue-collar lifestyle.
So, Pennsylvania brings Baylee's state count to FOUR (pretty good for a less than 3-month old!) :) It's a catch-up state for her because Garrick, Aubree, Preston & I have already visited PA four times prior to this trip.
So, we went after lunch because we wanted to look at the lights that night. We ended up eating dinner at a really yummy brewery... where the kids ate (what do you think??) HOT DOGS w/ French Fries (their new fav). We bought homemade chocolates & candies (which mysteriously disappeared by the time we got home... I live with a bunch of sugar-junkies), looked at all the Nativity Scenes, ornaments & Christmas Decorations. We more or less, just browsed the town... and walked a lot. It was freezing (I guess this is the new norm & doesn't need to be said anymore... hahahaha!! It's just been a challenge getting used to!)
Preston & Baylee slept the whole way there & back... so, it was pretty relaxing!
Oh my gosh!! I can't believe Christmas is this week!!! Garrick & I are soooooo excited! This is our first Christmas AT HOME! Which is kind of nice because we have three kids now & it's fun to get a shot at giving our kids their first Christmas at home, although we will certainly be missing our family. Anyway, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep on Christmas Eve night!! I can't wait!!!
Some pics of our Saturday in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania...
(Raheleh... If you're on here, this is that Pea Coat you got for Aubree last Christmas. WE LOVE IT! Thank you! :))
Aubree should be a model, she's always ready to make a pose! :)
(all the while Garrick is thinking, "ok, did you get your picture?? Let's go see the town!") :)
Daddy's Babies
(I love this bridge... can you tell?!?!)
So many bridal parties taking advantage of all these beautiful locations...
Hotel Bethlehem...
Aubree sees Santa Clause, doesn't get too excited & then asks me...
"But Mom... Is that the REAL one???" Oh boy... This kid is a tough sell! I don't think she's ever believed in Santa Clause... Or this Easter Bunny character! I don't even try to convince her of it anymore... Miss Skeptical should be her second name! Hahaha... :)
(By the way, the NE could ease up on the number of Santa Clauses they have running around! Never in my life, have I seen 8+ Santa Clauses in one 1/2 day!) ;)
A house that made your eyes hurt while driving home... In Lincoln Park, NJ
Labels:






















Post a Comment