Sunday... Another fun day in the snow!
Monday, October 31, 2011
Happy Halloween Everyone!!!
This morning, there is still a lot of snow on the ground & Clyde is still with us. I guess it is a semi-white Halloween for us this year! :) The high today is 54 & it'll be in the 40's while we're trick or treating tonight - that's a far cry from last year, in Gainesville when at night it was in the high 80's & we were all hot & sweaty at 9pm! Two extremes.
So... Garrick & I were laughing the other day because we've only been in New Jersey for 5 months, but we think we've experienced it all! We've had a...
Heat Wave
Hurricane
Flooding
Earthquake
(a baby)
Snow storm
Crazy... huh??
What a crazy year 2011 has been for the Northeast! Governor Chris Christie has declared NJ in a state of emergency 4 times in 5 months!! It's funny, since we're still new to the area, we get talking to people & when we ask them questions about if things usually happen when (blank) happens, we always get something along the lines of, "Nothing about this is usual..."
Anyway, Sunday Morning we got up early to play in the snow, Garrick & I drank our warm coffee outside (which soon turned into Ice Coffee), while the kids ran around in the snow. They really love it, especially Aubree. Preston doesn't like the snow making his hands cold & his snow boots hurt him & his mittens feel funny & the complaining doesn't ever seem to end with him... But, once he forgets about all the unusual feelings he seems to enjoy himself.
I am soooo glad I have a husband who gets stuff done! Months ago he bought the kids snow jackets, snow boots, hats & warm clothes. So, we were mostly prepared for this very early snow storm. The kids still need snow pants, snow gloves & we need a sled... pizza boxes don't cut it (I had to try something!).
We had snowball fights, built "snow" castles & made snow angels. We had such a fun day & the warm sun felt great! :)
I feel like I have to note that I don't TELL Aubree to make any poses or ham-it-up for the camera - that's ALL her & we seriously DO NOT know where she gets it from!!! But, it is pretty funny! :)
Labels:


















I can't get enough of these snow pictures!!! They are all so beautiful! The kids looked like they had a blast. I am very jealous you are going to be able to send out holiday cards that actually look wintery haha.
Thanks Lauren! It was fun... But, I'll be the one jealous of you guys when Jan.-Mar. comes & we need to be defrosted! ;)
Post a Comment