A Day of apple picking...

Sunday, October 9, 2011 Posted by Dana J.

Garrick's mom, LoVida (Gammie Gam) is here for the week & because we didn't actually pick any apples last week, we headed back to Pennings Orchard in Warwick, NY to do some apple picking.

It was such a beautiful (& warm) fall day. The trees are just now starting to turn yellow, orange & red - and the sky has been so bright blue! We paid $25 to get about 30+ lbs of Apples - we got four different types, Macintosh (our new favorite), Fuji, Empire & some red one, I forget the name. Anyway - we're planning on eating several apples a day for the next couple of weeks. Plus, lots of baking! Today I made two sour cream apple pies (sounds funky - but it was delicious!!), I baked one & froze the other. I'll have to bake & freeze more desserts as the week goes on.

The great thing about this orchard is they don't use pesticides - so, yummy, fresh & ORGANIC apples! :)

The view from up in the orchards
(I believe that is the Appalachian Mountain range to the left)

It was hard to convince Preston to pick the apples off the tree & not just pick up the ones on the ground

Aubree was all over the place, I couldn't even get a picture of her picking any apples!

Garrick & Baylee picking the best of the best apples!
Aren't those apple clusters beautiful?



My girl...

Preston is catching up to Aubree's size (watch out Aubs)
With their Gams...

First pictures of us FIVE
It looks pretty complete now, huh?

Labels: