~ 3 weeks today ~

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 Posted by Dana J.
Baylee-girl is three weeks old today - it's funny how these little people make you forget life without them... so quickly!!

I've been weighing her every few days & she's gained almost 1 pound in 6 days! She eats a lot... especially in the afternoons. She's just under 8 pounds now.

She's staying awake for longer periods in the day now & last night, she gave me an amazing gift. She slept from 9:30pm until 3:10am (almost 6 hours straight), I fed her for 15 minutes & she went right back to sleep until 6:30am, I fed her for 7 minutes & she slept until 9:15am! I have NEVER had a baby who stayed & slept in their crib for this long, at this age (Aubree & Preston were close to 9 months when they did this).

I hope last night wasn't just some fluke! I hope that nighttime routine continues. :) She is the first baby that I have swaddled tightly (the Miracle blanket seems to work!!!) & she seems to sleep pretty well in her nap nanny, it's a more elevated type bed, I started using it last week because of her cold.

Anyway... I still think she's a great baby. She's definitely the easiest baby out of all three. Tomorrow I have to take her to the Radiologist; she's going to have something called a VCUG, they'll place some dyed fluid & a catheter into her, then they'll run some CT scans on her pelvic area. After that, she'll have an ultrasound. On Monday, we'll meet with her Urologist & we'll find out if she has a Bladder Reflux & the severity of it. Of course, it's my hope that after we go in, they tell us she's been miraculously healed & everything is working as it should! :) Since there's a very small chance that could happen... of course I have to hope. I don't want to ever have to see my little girl have surgery.

These are from earlier today. Preston is always with Baylee & me.... Always! :)
Baylee in her nap nanny, soaking up what little light is outside.

 A little neworn smile for me! :)

 Mr. Busy-body... cleaning my nightstand(??)

Pres is such a cutie-pie, there he is again, right next to Baylee, always next to her, when possible & being so serious about it (he was due for a nap).!

Labels: