Our weekend...

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 Posted by Dana J.
On Saturday, we headed across the George Washington Bridge, into Manhattan. They increased the toll this year, last year it was $8, this year they raised it to $12! That's a pretty hefty increase. Anyway... It was so beautiful & clear! The sun was out in full-force, I think the temp was about 39 when we got there and increased to 44/45 by the afternoon - however, there was a brutal wind that kicked up every so often, making the temp. feel closer to 38ish.

We parked on 73rd Street & Columbus Ave., then visited our favorite bakery; Levain's. We're kind of familiar with this area because it's where Eric & Natalie used to live. After that we headed to Central Park, where we spent most of our day. We visited a few playgrounds & pretty much just 'strolled' the park. We ended our day, with a late lunch at the Shake Shack. I must have heard, at least a dozen New Yorkers say "It's just a gor-geous day!", as we walked a long... I have to agree! :)

Baylee kept super cozy in her little LL Bean baby cubby sack! :)
 They took the water out of all the fountains in the city (freezing hazard??)
 I spotted tree buds... signs of an early spring(???) :)
                                                                                                    ^ NY Dog Walker! ^
 This fountain provided lot's of (pretty) entertainment...
 I guess by this time of year, this lake is usually more-so frozen over - but, this winter has been extremely mild! Lucky us!!
 Weekend strollers....
 All that walking made for some really hungry little kiddo's!

Little game of Sunday golf... anyone?? :)

Labels: