Camden Aquarium

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 Posted by Dana J.
Preston's 2nd Birthday (Pt. 2)

On Saturday, we headed down to Philadelphia & visited with some friends for a bit, before heading to the downtown Philly area for a Philly Cheesesteak (with sauteed spinach & tomato) & a hoagie. Then we headed across the Delaware Water Gap, back into Camden, NJ... For a afternoon at the Aquarium!

We had such an awesome time! Preston has become majorly obsessed with sharks, so we thought this was a great excuse to go.

Of course, once again I took far too many pictures (It's becoming a problem, that I don't see getting better anytime soon). So... I guess I'll just post some pics of our afternoon in Camden.

Downtown Philly...
 Hippos!




 The Shark tunnel was AWESOME!!

 Seals, Penguins... Petting sharks

 Aubree was afraid to pet the sharks & other critters... Preston, on the other hand couldn't wait to pet the sharks & sting rays!



 SHARKS!!!
 We stayed by this tank for about 45 min...
 Preston loved the Sea Turtles...

 Mike... the largest Alligator outside the state of Florida...



 Sun setting over Philly...
 And, of course the kids had to have some ice cream... :)
 So Beautiful...
We're really lucky to have the privilege of getting a close look at these amazing creatures! I hope the kids take away a new respect for the ocean & the environment. It's one thing to look out at bodies of water & it's another thing to get a peak at what's inside all that water! We live in such an amazing world!

Labels: