Happy Valentines Day!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 Posted by Dana J.
We hope you all have a wonderful day filled with
LOVE!!


These pictures always turn out so funny to me!

Ok...
So, I know today is more of a "Hallmark" holiday & I've never celebrated it all that much... But, I do think it's nice to have a day dedicated to telling our loved ones how special they are to us.

In Mass a couple months ago, our Priest said a homily & although it's not quite what what he was talking about here, he did say that in his Physics class, something that he'll never forget learning is... Sound waves never die, they get smaller, but every noise EVER made is still out there. Wow! Now that's something to ponder... Everything we've ever said, everything anyone who's ever lived on our planet said is still alive! Makes you kind of want to use your words wisely, eh? Haha!

So, my sleep-deprived brain is having a hard time getting my message out here... Based on that thinking, it was brought to my attention how we do have the power to make a "loving" world - through our words & through our actions. Although we are only 1 of 6.8 billion people & we will never change the whole world, or every heart... We can actually create our own wave... or waterfall effect by treating everyone we encounter in a loving manner. So, if you can make 5 people's days brighter everyday & because of YOUR love, they treat 5 more people in a loving manner & so on, so forth... You end up touching a lot of people, God willing. Just as, with negative energy - you can affect people in a negative way & so, they affect more people in a negative way & so on... So, this was actually my New Years Resolution. It hit me one day when I realized that I could let some rude, inconsiderate driver get me in a bad mood, or how a disrespectful, cold cashier could give me a negative edge. And, so... despite people who choose to be less than decent, I will just continue to smile & make people feel as good as I can. I feel like the waterfall effect can go both ways... What mark do you want to leave on this world?? It's a good question to ponder!

I guess that's the thought that I was trying to materialize on here... You all are very special to me & I hope all my friends & family who visit our 'mostly uneventful life happenings', has a great LOVING Valentines Day! :)
Labels: