Pippy + Mr. Nilsson
Sunday, October 28, 2012
This past Friday, we had the privilege of being treated to another Fun Trick or Treating event at Toys R Us Corp., the kids got a free bag, tons of candy & toys! I forgot, I don't have those pictures ready right now! But, I did take a few pics before the event.
Aubree has been in LOVE with Pippy Longstocking! My Aunt Ann has even sent us little Pippy stuff here & there which Aubs thinks is so cool! Aubree is always singing the Pippy Longstocking song & soooo... She came up with the idea to dress as Pippy for Halloween. So, I took it upon myself to just make her the costume! I started with the apron & then the dress just kinda popped into my mind. I didn't have any pattern, or anything... It just morphed into this outfit. But, I think it's a perfect (original) costume & oh my goodness.... Aubree was the hit at the TRU event! Everyone got so excited & said, "Hey! Is that Pippy??? No way! I didn't know anyone knew who she was anymore!". This one HUGE guy; who looked like a football player, even busted out the song ("Pippy Longstocking is coming into your town, the freckled face, red-head girl you wanna know, the one you really wanna know....") & did a little dance - I almost died! Anyway, the big question was.... How did you get her hair to do that?!?!?! Hahahaha...
We got asked it, about 150 times, at first it was cool telling everyone, but then... It was like, "a coat hanger" (now please stop asking!!! Hahahah! jk)
Anyway, anyone who knows Pippy Longstocking, knows her best friend is a monkey, named Mr. Nilsson & look!!! We even got the little guy, who's her real-life best friend to play the role of it! :)
So, here they are.... Pippy & Mr. Nilsson!
(btw - Aubree plays Pippy to a Tee! I'm proud of my little 25% Swedish girl!)
Labels:









Post a Comment