Kindergarten... Here we come!

Saturday, September 8, 2012 Posted by Dana J.
Last Thursday was Aubree's first day of Kindergarten.

She was sooooo excited! I was really proud of her, she shed no tears, blew us a kiss goodbye... and off she went!

We all felt a little lost after we dropped her off. Preston kept asking "where's sissy?" every 15 minutes & things just didn't feel quite the same without her. When the time came, we were all so excited to go pick her up!!

Aubree came out of school & said she looooved it!! She told me every single detail of her day, about all the friends she made, and she told me all the class rules. She said that she wants to go every day & that she NEVER wants to be at home anymore (nice, huh? Hahaha!) - it was in stark contrast to all her "I'll NEVER leave you Mommy! I will ALWAYS stay with you!" over the summer - here we go.... But, she finally agreed to stay home on the weekends, (as if she has a choice). :)

I think this year will be a really good one for her & for me... I signed up for the PTO/PTA (Parent Teacher Organization) & offered my services as "Class Parent". I plan on getting very involved in all the school & class parties/events/book sales/fundraisers... I think it's these activities that I really need right now to kick up my NJ social skills! :) No more me, being a hermit! Hahahaha! :)

 Aubree has been ready for this day for a LONG time!!!
 In front of school & saying goodbye to us!

Labels:
  1. I was literally just thinking "I need to ask Dana how Aubree's first day went"... Then I sat down and looked at my phone and saw this! So happy that she loves it! She is such a bright, sweet girl I'm sure she'll make great friends and learn so much!
    XOXO love you guys!!