Aubree's FIRST Soccer Game!
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Go Team Blue!!!
Today, was seriously one of the most fun days we've ever had, since living in New Jersey (well, I'll speak for myself here, it was one of MY most enjoyable days!). We signed Aubree up for an Introduction to Soccer club & there were about 100 Kindergarten girls who joined.
So, there are 10 teams... I wanted to be a coach, but when I offered to be an assistant - I guess they thought that was crazy to have a female (Mother) coach on the field, so they signed up Garrick to be Assistant coach... Which is actually, just so funny to me!! Because, I played soccer for 10+ years & I don't even think Garrick has watched a whole soccer game in his life... yet, he's the Asst. Coach - which adds more to the whole humor of sixteen 5-year olds running around like a clueless herd of cattle & watching Garrick trying to "coach" the girls!
So, I laughed - like out loud, laughed the WHOLE game (well in between calling the ref out for his lack of calling of offsides (I guess they don't call that penalty in Kindergarten soccer), yelling "defense" and trying to encourage Aubree to WATCH THE BALL!). But, it was so fun & we met a lot of really nice people!
Aubree played against her friend (and neighbor), Sophia - the cute blond, in the pink shorts. So, it was fun to already know someone on the field...
Oh, and by the way... The got dominated!
0-8 (...or 10, but who's counting anyway??)
Aubs is #3....
Labels:

1.jpg)
2.jpg)
3.jpg)
4.jpg)
5.jpg)
6.jpg)






Love soccer season! Aubree looks so cute in her little soccer uniform and I still can't get over how big/old she is, I can still picture her as a baby!
Post a Comment