Durham, NC Trip...

Saturday, July 7, 2012 Posted by Dana J.
I finally finished working on these pictures... I took a lot, so it took me awhile to go through them all. In May, I posted the formal-type pictures we had with the family, so I won't include those... Because I'm about to post A LOT of pictures!! :)

Garrick & I packed up the kids and drove down to Durham, NC on a Wednesday night after Garrick got out of work, it was a long drive (8-9 hours), so we got in late & got the kids to bed. Natalie, Eric, Marian & our family had a rented three-bedroom condo, so we also saw Natalie & Marian that night.

So... This is Thursday, Day #1 @ Sarah B. Duke Garden's with the kids...
 We visited this garden back in 2009 when Eric graduated from Duke.
 It was so beautiful & serene, that I just couldn't wait to get back to visit.
 The kids loved the Koi Pond

 Picture of the cousins, minus Baylee...


 I kept Baylee in my Boba for most of the walk... I LOVE this Boba Baby Carrier!
Here's a shot of me "modeling" it! :)

That evening, we went over to Timmy's apartment complex where he grilled up some burgers for us, Garrick's Parents, Uncle Bobby, Aunt Betty (who had just arrived from Florida) & some of his friends...



 Aubree & her Papa Said were reunited! :)

Day #2
Garrick picked Eric from the airport & they went to play a game of golf while Natalie & I took the four little ones to the old Tobacco Row District...

Marian & her brother/dog... Walter:



There were a lot of water areas & water ways that kept the kids entertained...


 Cute little Natalie & her baby...


That night, we went back to Timmy's apartment to meet with the rest of the family who had flown in from Tennessee... Aunt Darlene & Garrick's Grandparents (NaNa & PaPa). Timmy's roommate, Caroline & her family made a big Italian dinner for everyone... It was really nice!

Preston & Baylee met their GREAT Granparents...
(as you can see the initial introduction wasn't so smooth... But, the kids warmed up after awhile)

 LoVida & her Mother...
 Baylee did however like PaPa, her Great Aunt Betty & her Grandpa (Papa Said)...
 Aubree with Timmy & Timmy's roommate, Caroline...
Baylee with Great Uncle Bobby
Great Uncle Bobby & Great Aunt Betty...
 The kids with their Great Aunt Darlene...
 A Toast to the grads, Timmy & Caroline...
And, a wonderful dinner with great company!

Day #3
Graduation Day at Cameron Indoor Stadium
Duke University
May 11, 2012

We met Timmy outside the Stadium before the ceremony...
 (the kids hate the sun! :))
 NaNa & PaPa got the Police escort... They told me it was because (NaNa) "this one was causing problems!" Hahaha! They were kidding, but they were very nice & got NaNa & PaPa right in the front, next to the grads.
 We had a good view from straight in the back of the stadium...
And, Preston... such a child of our generation... played phone games...


 FUQUA Reception....
 Poor Preston... all tuckered out he FELL ASLEEP on Garrick's shoulders! :(

 Papa Said bought Aubs this cool Blue Devil's (Duke's mascot) beanie...
And, also the Duke hat Preston was wearing.



 LoVida, with her sister Darlene & sister-in-law, Betty...
 If you can't tell... there was a chocolate fountain there, but I don't think Preston had any...

And, Day #4
A nice brunch in FUQUA Hall & our good-bye's! Everyone off to their home states...

Baylee with her Great Aunt Betty & Papa Said seems to be very popular with Marian! Haha! :)
 The kids adore their grandpa....
 Why is Timmy so serious??? :) He's so funny!
 We didn't have to say good-bye to Natalie, because she came up to NJ with us for an extended visit...
But we did have to say goodbye to Aunt Betty & Aunt Darlene! :(
All & all, it was a very nice trip and I'm glad we were all there to celebrate Timmy's MBA Graduation!! :)
Labels: