The Orchard
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
We had such a nice Sunday!
After Church, we got ready & drove up to Downstate New York. It's funny, we always assumed everything north of Manhattan & west of Long Island was "Upstate". After a little research, turns out there's different regions... The part of NY State above us is "Downstate"... We learn something new everyday! :)
So, we went up to Warwick, NY to do a little strawberry picking... However! I guess we missed the weekend rush & so the strawberries were slim pickins'. So, we went to the next orchard over & started on some cherry picking! The cherries looked so beautiful through the bits of sunlight.
These are some pictures taken from inside the car...
Trying to find some decent sized ones...
Preston found himself a walking stick...
Aubree did pretty good gathering a few strawberries...
Leave it to Garrick to find a hidden stash of strawberries in some overgrown shrubs... :)
Picking cherries was pretty fun! I had never been cherry picking before.. Everyone looked like monkeys climbing up in the trees though! Garrick found a good tree to get up & Aubree helped hold the box for him.
Aubree & Preston picked some of the low-hanging cherries...
They were beautiful! And the orchard was beautiful too, it was so private & way up in the hills.
Then we visited the little market & bought some homemade Honey Roasted Chunky Peanut butter & homemade candy canes. They sold a lot of Pennsylvania Amish goods there too, like Butter - I really wanted some, but it was like 20 pounds of butter, all rolled up in one HUGE bar! Not a bad price though, it only cost $23. I know we probably go through that much butter every three months or so (we LOVE butter!), but I just couldn't justify buying THAT much butter at once! :)
After all our hard work (yeah right!) picking fruit, we went to our favorite little country farm, Pennington's & ate lunch... Plus, bought some of our favorite treats!
I love how Baylee always thinks there's a party going on, or something... She was just sitting there screaming, all excited. I do not know what was so exciting!
There's Baylee again... Life of the party! Preston's like, "what's HER deal?"
Our freshly picked cherries.... YUM!!!
Labels:




















Post a Comment