June....

Monday, June 18, 2012 Posted by Dana J.
I can't believe I have neglected this blog for so long....
It seems like I can't get to bed before midnight anymore, because every night there seems to be a never-ending list of "to-do's", but now I want to start doing things that I enjoy again... Like posting pictures & well - I now have many more activities I've been enjoying too...

Here's some of the things we've been up to, so far this month...
Working in the yard... We now have grass!! And, my garden is complete... I'll add pictures of it, in it's entirety later, but here's the boys working in the yard! :)
The kids are enjoying our trash schedule. We have "green" waste every Monday, along with recycling every other Monday. Trash is every Wednesday & Saturday... So, the kids get all excited when we hear the truck rumbling down the street.
 To me, this is "Old School"... We have the men, walking down the street on the sides of the truck, picking up each bucket & dumping it. I remember it being like this in the 80's growing up, until they switched it to the computerized trucks... New Jersey is behind the times, of California.
 Baylee is getting so BIG (this week she'll be 9 months old)!!
She's a Daddy's Girl 100%
She stood on her own for a few seconds, crawls EVERYWHERE & pulls herself up on everything!
 On the weekends (& some weekdays) we've been enjoying BBQ's & breakfast on the deck...
Garrick makes some amazing cheeseburgers... There's probably 5 or 6 different cheeses on here (Cheddar, Monterrey Jack, Muenster, Asiago & Parmesan (maybe more?))... Anyway, so good!
 The kids also loved their corn on the cob! :)

Garrick grills the hamburger patties, hot dogs & vegetables... While I cut up the potatoes & fry them inside. Our fries our homemade & soooo good!
Baylee eats mostly what we eat now - corn, tomatoes + grilled veggies like zucchini & bell pepper. Garrick calls her our "healthy baby" because she eats all the fruits & vegetables we give her - she doesn't protest on any food! She loves her water too!
This is our neighborhood community lake. I think the beach opens this week. The lake is really pretty. It reminds me of some of the lakes I would swim in, while visiting Sweden.
 Preston said... "I'm being Daddy!"
He's such a funny kid! He was so proud of himself, clomping around in Garrick's shoes & hat!


A few weeks ago we got Aubree a full-sized bed... This was the first night she had slept in it.
Her room is still a work in progress... Preston's room is across the hall from Aubs, but for now I have them sharing a room, so his toddler bed is in her room. I don't know why... But, I'm not ready for them to have their own rooms yet. I may wait until the fall. They always chit chat while falling to sleep & they're BBF's, so I don't know... I like this set-up for now.

Labels:
  1. Baylee looks so big! And those shoes are precious! What size shoe is she in?
    I didn't know they still used garbage trucks like that anywhere... Carson would be so confused. He always talks about how "the trash can goes up, up, up and then dump it out!" :)
    And Those burgers look and sound amazing!! You inspired me to put burgerson our dinner menu this week :)