Cape May, New Jersey
Monday, September 5, 2011
We just got back from a really wonderful weekend trip... and, I am so grateful for this three-day weekend because I am exhausted!! I could use hours upon hours of sleep right now! And plan to catch up a little on rest today. :)
So, I'll be making more posts... But, this post was the start to our trip. We left Friday afternoon & headed down to Cape May, NJ - depending on how you look at it, we either got there too late, or too early because we had to take a Ferry Boat across the Delaware Gap to Lewes, Delaware. Because of traffic, we missed the 6pm, so we had an hour or so to kill before the 8pm ferry. As excited as we were to get to our friends waiting for us in Delaware, we were also grateful for the hour or so we got to spend in Cape May.
It felt, literally magical... between the sunset, the weather, the calm waters & the kids excitement, it was just perfect! I am so glad we got to see the southern most tip of beautiful New Jersey & that the kids got a break, after that long car ride. Cape May was a great start to our Labor Day weekend. I can't wait to share more of it on here.

So, I'll be making more posts... But, this post was the start to our trip. We left Friday afternoon & headed down to Cape May, NJ - depending on how you look at it, we either got there too late, or too early because we had to take a Ferry Boat across the Delaware Gap to Lewes, Delaware. Because of traffic, we missed the 6pm, so we had an hour or so to kill before the 8pm ferry. As excited as we were to get to our friends waiting for us in Delaware, we were also grateful for the hour or so we got to spend in Cape May.
It felt, literally magical... between the sunset, the weather, the calm waters & the kids excitement, it was just perfect! I am so glad we got to see the southern most tip of beautiful New Jersey & that the kids got a break, after that long car ride. Cape May was a great start to our Labor Day weekend. I can't wait to share more of it on here.

This is from the Cape May-Lewes Ferry boat. It was so beautiful & as we were pulling out of the harbour, we must have seen a dozen dolphins jumping in the boat's waves. We told Preston they were sharks - because ever since 'Shark Week' Preston has been OBSESSED with sharks! He thinks whales are sharks, so I guess we weren't totally lying to him. But, it made him very excited!!!
We also had a special treat, normally every Fri., evening in the summer they have 'Rockin' the Boat' - it's an awesome cover band that plays usually during the 6pm boat ride, but this was the one night it was somehow moved to the 8pm boat ride... so lucky us!! We had free entertainment on our 85 minute boat ride to Delaware. The boat, was literally rocking from side-to-side & everyone was trying to keep their balance. However, that did not stop Aubree from dancing for a full hour. She made it look like the boat wasn't rocking at all. It was so fun for me to watch her & even though I like watching my kids do stuff like this, I never expect other people to care (and I always try to keep my kids from bugging other people), but Aubree literally had an audience & at the end of the show, at least 10 people came up to me & told me how much they had enjoyed watching Aubree's dancing, how passionate she is & how they hope she always keeps it up/never loses her passion. I thought that was really sweet, and of course - it made me feel good. Aubree is my little sweetheart! :)
Labels:




























Post a Comment