Almost that time...
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Yesterday I was officially "full term" - 37 weeks. However, I still could potentially have anywhere from 3-4 weeks to go, based on when this little girl decides to exit.
I have yet to have that burst of "nesting" energy - to get everything ready, so instead I have been pushing myself to get a little bit done every day. It's been pretty miserable! I think my energy could have been here by now, but I'm battling a little virus, I'm hoping once it passes - I'll start packing bags & getting things lined up to be ready to go to the hospital.
I had two Dr.'s appointments on Monday. One was a specialized ultrasound to check on a detected issue with the baby. It turns out this little girl only has 1 kidney & that kidney is currently a bit sick. I've been praying that the kidney corrects it's issue, so we prevent any type of surgery. There is an extremely slight chance at this point, that it could happen, but my Dr. feels that surgery is most likely in the future at this point. So, we have a great Pediatrician Urologist lined up to be at the hospital upon delivery. He'll be doing an ultrasound on her whole pelvic region & running several tests on her, to be sure her kidney can function before we leave the hospital.
They also were able to tell me that she is head-down & in delivery position. She's 6 lbs 9 oz right now based on the ultrasound. I have no idea how they're able to know that! It's crazy. Directly after the ultrasound, I had a routine Dr.'s appointment with my OBGYN., I've gained 14 pounds total, which I'm totally ok with, because I know it's not easy getting any extra weight off after the baby comes! I go back again next week for another ultrasound, they want to see if there is any change in the baby's kidney.
I can not believe that this baby is almost here! I don't feel too prepared, at all! Yesterday I started washing the loads, upon loads of clothes I have for her - the clothes pictured below are only the newborn & 0-3 month clothes! I literally have 4 other huge boxes of clothes that will take her up to the age of 3. I have pretty much kept everything, plus Natalie has passed on Marian's old clothes. We unpacked a big box of newborn diapers we bought a few weeks ago & they look SO small compared to Preston's 2T sleeping pull-ups! The kids & I sat around looking at the tiny diapers yesterday, both of them were going "awe.... little baby", Aubree kept saying "they're so little!". And, of course I can't do any sort of organizing of the clothes while the kids are around - because they either like to look at ALL of them, or start trying them on. Anyway, I forgot how much I just LOVE the smell of baby detergent... It just makes you want to hug all the clothes! :)
In other, pretty BIG news... Aubree is about to be a FOUR year old!! On Sunday, she'll be 4! It really seems crazy to me. It makes me feel kinda old & also, it's a reminder to me that I've been a mom for four years, almost 5 - if you count the pregnancy, becasue even though you don't have the baby to physically take care of, you're still taking care of the fetus that's living inside of you.
Unfortunately, I feel like we've moved around so much & it always seems to be around Aubree's birthday - that this will be the 2nd birthday that we don't really have any family or friends for her to have a birthday party. So, we're going to try to make it as special as possible for her. We're going to spend tomorrow baking all her favorite desserts & then we're going to Chuck E Cheese for pizza & rides/games. We're going to get her favorite Ice Cream at Applegates & she's asked for a few VERY specific birthday presents - so, we'll see if she gets lucky enough to get those! :)
Anyway.... here are just a few pictures of our recently uneventful life. :) We haven't done much in the last couple weeks, because we've all had a bit of a lingering cold that's kept us around the house. But, I guess we should get used to this. Once winter is here, and it's just me + 3 kids, I don't think we'll be doing too much of anything anyway! ;)
Labels:









Post a Comment