Our newest family member!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Okay, we now officially have a son! Garrick & I have been talking about getting a dog & we finally took the big plunge! We purchased our very first puppy - An English Bulldog, who we will either be naming Vernon, Tyson, Tony, Ace or Cody.
It all started a few short hours ago - Garrick was out playing golf & I was browsing the web looking for a dog (as usual) & found an Ad for a new litter of Bulldog Pups. I had been wanting a Boxer & Garrick had been wanting an English Bulldog... So, I though getting an English Bulldog would at least GET me a dog! As soon as Garrick got home, I said "check this..." before I could say "out" he was calling this guy about the puppies! Within minutes, we were strapping Aubree into her car seat & heading towards the breeders place... What were we doing???
We found Chester's house (the breeder) & saw the sweetest baby Bulldogs ever! Aubree went crazy & we both silently knew we wouldn't be leaving without one. Once we met the father of the pups (and realized he looked EXACTLY like Uga - University of Georgia's mascot), we had to get an all white Bulldog, with the most solid black nose out of all of them! We are so excited & no one is more pumped up than Aubree & no one is more in love than Garrick! Garrick has ALWAYS wanted an English Bulldog!
On our way home we stopped at Petsmart & I finally got to live the dream of walking in there with my OWN dog!! I was the most proud parent of all! We got his food, leash, collar, bed, a book on Bulldogs & a few toys... Everyone was looking at our adorable pup, who is almost 8 weeks old & absolutely precious!
Him & Aubree have hit it off right away & are my little Bonnie & Clyde! :) I can just imagine all the trouble (and messes) they will create for me! But I can't be happier - this little guy is so special! :)






It all started a few short hours ago - Garrick was out playing golf & I was browsing the web looking for a dog (as usual) & found an Ad for a new litter of Bulldog Pups. I had been wanting a Boxer & Garrick had been wanting an English Bulldog... So, I though getting an English Bulldog would at least GET me a dog! As soon as Garrick got home, I said "check this..." before I could say "out" he was calling this guy about the puppies! Within minutes, we were strapping Aubree into her car seat & heading towards the breeders place... What were we doing???
We found Chester's house (the breeder) & saw the sweetest baby Bulldogs ever! Aubree went crazy & we both silently knew we wouldn't be leaving without one. Once we met the father of the pups (and realized he looked EXACTLY like Uga - University of Georgia's mascot), we had to get an all white Bulldog, with the most solid black nose out of all of them! We are so excited & no one is more pumped up than Aubree & no one is more in love than Garrick! Garrick has ALWAYS wanted an English Bulldog!
On our way home we stopped at Petsmart & I finally got to live the dream of walking in there with my OWN dog!! I was the most proud parent of all! We got his food, leash, collar, bed, a book on Bulldogs & a few toys... Everyone was looking at our adorable pup, who is almost 8 weeks old & absolutely precious!
Him & Aubree have hit it off right away & are my little Bonnie & Clyde! :) I can just imagine all the trouble (and messes) they will create for me! But I can't be happier - this little guy is so special! :)
(On our way home with our dog - please excuse my extremely messy car!)
(First bath at home)
Labels:






Oh, Dana, I'm so happy for you guys!! What a sweet, sweet puppy he is! I know you'll enjoy him, probably almost as much as Aubree will! :)
Post the name you all decide on. :)
Darlene
Post a Comment