Been awhile...

Thursday, February 7, 2013 Posted by Dana J.
My little sister said to me today, "Hey! What the heck, you haven't updated your blog in a loong time!" & I feel bad about that... Unfortunately, it is not just my blog that is behind, but also ALL pictures & everything! Actually, everything has been put on hold (more or less), while I have been concentrating on designing my website!!! I have decided to take the next step forward & turn my current hobby into a business - and so, I am going into business as Dana Javidi Photography. My new website is danajavidi.com - I will also be doing a blog of my work... which I actually like better then this one because the pictures look better (more clear) - then this blogger one. So, I am at crossroads... Not sure which to keep up with, or to keep up them all(?), I suppose as time goes on & I start to get going, I'll find some sort of happy median.

So, this year in NJ - we have had a REAL winter, compared to the one last year, which everyone said was just bizarre. Snow falls almost weekly, still scattered here & there on the ground now as I write... It generally is, just really cold & sometimes beyond cold... while taking Aubree to school, sometimes I don't know if I can survive long enough to make it up the path... Ok, that's totally dramatic! :) But, the wind chill - brrrrr!!! It just feels/smells icy & I start to freeze up. 

I know we're adapting to this weather, because when I look at the weather reports (daily), I'll see 39 as the high & whoo-hoo!!! Warm weather!!! :) We just had a nice semi-sunny 39 degree afternoon yesterday & so, I got the kids bundled up & we did our 1/4 mile walk to pick up Aubree at school & man! It felt goooooood! :) I told the kids, "Wow! This is awesome, you guys wanna play outside after we get home?" And, they all say "YEAH!!!" And, so we got out all the bikes and driveway toys & had some outdoor fun... It's been awhile since we have played outside & also awhile since I snapped some pics of the kids. These days Aubree is too quick & crazy for me & Preston is too whiny (because he refuses any sort of naps), so I got some pics of my little 16-month old Jersey girl who NEVER complains about the weather... or life! :)

 (she still hasn't figured out how to use her power wheels)
We had to move the collection aside to bring out the Escalade! :)
 These two... up to no good!!! ;)
She is so funny!! :)

Labels: