Virginia Beach, VA

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 Posted by Dana J.
The first weekend of August, we went to Virginia Beach, Virginia for a little vacation.
It was gorgeous, relaxing & almost perfect in every way!

We were fortunate enough to stay with some great company & at a beach house, just feet away from the beautiful beach! Every morning we ate breakfast together and then we packed up & headed down to the water... It was so, so fun & we couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather!

It wasn't a long trip, but it was long enough to get in some much needed R&R and also some good tans - I love the summer! :)

Day #1:
 Bibbity is borrowing her cousin Marian's shirt she left... Thanks Nat! :)
You see, it starts already!!!!
 I love this picture of Aubree, she's looking at Joe, one of her FAVORITE people in the world! :)
 Bibbity exploring the upstairs of the beach house....
Day #2 - Baylee means business!!


The weather was absolutely perfect!

Baylee crawled ALL OVER that beach!!

Some candid family pics...



Baylee's first taste of sand (literally)
Sliding down the sand hill...
Me + my girls! :)
Baylee is my little buddy... I'm always on guard that she isn't putting sticks, shells & sand in her mouth.
And, a family picture before I took Baylee back to the house for a nap...
I was fortunate enough to have Rebecca take over & take some pictures with my camera while B napped. Looked like I missed out on some fun things!

Sand Castles...


 
These kids are so lucky to get pulled around all day on these things! Man... wish I was a kid again!

 After a long day at the beach, rinsing off in the outdoor shower... What a life! :)
The kids look soooooo funny/tired in these pictures! Haha!
 Hanging out before dinner on Chesapeake Bay & watching the Olympics...
These two... playing some sort of phone game...
The two pretty red-heads!
I definitely think Baylee's got a little red in her hair, like my Grandma Siggi! :)
Dinner!
Yummy Seafood! You gotta eat Seafood on the coast!
After dinner, we took a BEAUTIFUL walk on Virginia Beach. It was so, so lovely!

 We just love Joe & Becca! They were the best company!!


Our family...


 We weren't the only ones enjoying an evening on the beach...
 Preston is ALWAYS asking his Dad to throw him up! He asks me too, but I say "I'm too weak!" :) It's true... the kid is pretty solid at 36 pounds!!
 The kids running to me!! :)
Night-fall
Bay #3 - on our way home...
Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel... What a incredible man-made wonder! Two tunnels in the middle of the bay & miles, upon miles, upon miles of bridge. It took us at least 30 minutes to cross the bay (with no traffic)
 Virginia, just south of Maryland...
 We stopped for lunch in Ocean City, Maryland on our way home.
It's kind of funny, but there is a freeway (Highway 50), that starts in Sacramento, California & ends in Ocean City, Maryland. At the very beginning of Highway 50 in Sacramento, it says "Ocean City, MD 3,073 miles" - we used to drive by it, HUNDREDS of times & it was so bizarre! I don't know of any other signs in the United States with such a long distance city written on it. Anyway, we always wondered what Ocean City, MD looked like & what the end of Highway 50 was like. Well.... Now we know! We drove at the very beginning of Highway 50 in Ocean City, Maryland & saw the sign... "Sacramento, CA 3,073 Miles". We actually ONLY made this impromptu stop in Ocean City because of our days in Sacramento... But, I have to say the Crab & Seafood there was to die for!!!

 And... the famous sign! :( Makes me miss our old city... So, so many memories!!


 
Labels: