11 Months...

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 Posted by Dana J.
The countdown is ON!!!
Today Baylee is 11 months! One month from today my little bug will be ONE!!!

Let's see... It's been awhile since I've done a monthly update on B! She's 23.8 pounds, she eats EVERYTHING!! All types of fruits, veggies, beans, carbs, eggs, even a bit of dairy (yogurt, bits of cheese). Plus, I'm still nursing her about 4-5 times a day. She is sleeping through the night - about 10-11 hours straight. She took her first walking steps (6 or 7 at a time) almost a week ago, but has since reverted to the easy (fast) crawl. We do walking training with her almost every day - she'll do it easily when she's in the "right mood".

Her new "thing" is to climb into anything that she can get into. This includes laundry baskets, toy boxes and little cubby areas. She also likes to take things out. So, if she can find something with things in it, she'll happily get busy emptying it all out. She's a pro crawling up the stairs & this is kind of scary, we have the steepest stairs in our house - they're more like a ladder, they go straight up & God forbid, we leave the gate open because she almost gives me a mini-heart attack as I see her nearing the top!!! She's sneaky & fast!! I can't over-react because I don't want her to lose concentration, but I race up there to get her as fast & silently as I can! Since, we have been very diligent in keeping that gate closed, almost 24/7, it helps now that Aubree & Preston have discovered they can climb over it... It keeps it closed more often! :)

She's starting to talk!!  She says "Hey!", "Mama", "Dada" & she even says "Hey Dada" as she's waving - but she hasn't said "Hey Mama" yet. Oh well... She also says "Nana" & "Baba" - but not in reference of anything, those are just sounds. She LOVES to scream & she's louder than loud!! Her screams aren't angry, she just screams to scream... and so we call her our "Baby Mama" - she's held true to her nickname.

She has 6 teeth, but I think she's teething now. I think she'll have at least 8 teeth, by next month... We shall see!

So, we finally made it to this local arboretum that we can walk to from our house & it turns out it's a really beautiful treasure! There are gardens upon gardens, ponds, gazebos, bridges, creeks, all sorts of plants... trails, it's just beautiful! The kids go crazy in there running all around... Anyway, I'll try to post/take more pictures of it later, but we did take a few pictures of Baylee there & I thought... How perfect! These can be her 11 month pictures!!!! :)




Labels: