SEVEN Months!

Friday, April 27, 2012 Posted by Dana J.
Baylee was 7 months this past Saturday & I swear she was going to start crawling... But then, she accomplished something that she thinks is even cooler, going from a crawl position, into a sit position, so now she rolls, scoots & drags herself all over the house... finds treasures around the house, sits up & chews on it. She's pretty quick & I can no longer leave her on the bed for a quick second, because she does NOT stay still!

 If she starts crawling today, she will beat Aubree & Preston's crawling records! Preston started crawling at 7 months, 7 days. Aubree started crawling at 7 months, 8 days. Today Baylee is 7 months, 6 days... I was really pulling for her. But, I'm sure she will figure it out any day now...


Baylee is still doing great!
She's a wonderful little girl. She's weighing in it at 18.4 pounds & is just under 28 inches long, these are my own measurements that I took, so who knows how accurate they are. It's hard to measure a baby that tries to grab the tape measure & put it in her mouth! She's at the age where EVERYTHING goes in her mouth!!

She loves her long daytime naps, but she still does NOT sleep through the night & I don't know why!!! I may need to take some drastic measures here soon, because I am now going on 7+ months of not sleeping for any longer than 3 hours at a time, and it's exhausting!!

She is still tooth-less, but I believe we'll be seeing her two bottom teeth pop up anytime now. Aubree got her first teeth around 6 1/2 months & Preston was 7 months, 3 weeks... So, I'm assuming she'll be somewhere in between.

She's a feisty little thing & she's physically strong & also strong willed. She screams when she can't get her hands on something & is pretty vocal! She'll also continue going back to the same object that I take away from her, over & over again! And, you know they always want what they can't have - so, it's the computer wires, phone, laundry basket, furniture & the books/big kid toys that she isn't allowed to put in her mouth.

She's doing really great with her solids & also her nursing. She nurses every few hours & now usually always eats Oatmeal mixed with some fruit (apples, pears, peaches, bananas, apricots) for breakfast, during the day she snacks on little pieces of food that she can pick up & eat. Then, at night she usually eats brown rice & a veggie - peas, squash, pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot, etc. Her favorite times of day, ALWAYS involve foods/snacks.

Here she is in her crawl position... She gets on all fours & goes back & forth. She's going to be a little fire-cracker once she gets going!!! :)

Labels:
  1. I love her! She's beautiful!! And sounds a lot like Parker right now... He's getting into a sitting position from crawling and gets into everything! And he just started pulling up on everything last week, so I feel like I can't ever leave him alone.
    Oh how I want to pick her up out of these pictures and give her a big kiss!!