Baylee Update
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
I haven't been posting much... well, because we haven't done much! ;) Over New Years Eve weekend Garrick caught some bug (cold) that got him real sick. So, I was expecting we'd all be sick that first week of Jan., but no one got sick until the following weekend when only Aubree caught it, so I thought "whew! we're almost in the clear!". But then the next week Preston caught it. Well, needless to say, I finally caught it this weekend & now Baylee's starting to show signs... :( So, we're all sick, except for Garrick & now Aubree's coughing is finally letting up a bit. I think I'm at the worst stage of it right now, but I'm hoping for a quick recovery!! :)
So, we took Baylee to her Radiology/Urologist appointment today. I've been waiting for today to finally get my concrete answers! But, after more tests - they show no improvement to the kidney (still swollen/backing up) & no real obstruction in her ureter that alarmed the Doctor. So, now what?? The Doctor says that we should stop giving her the antibiotics that she's had since the first day of her life in this world - the antibiotics that's been protecting her from any Urinary Tract Infections (UTI's) & now we wait... We wait to see if she develops any sort of infection. So, tonight was the first night in almost 4 months that she didn't have her little pink medication - I felt sad NOT giving it to her, but it's funny because 4 months ago I was sad to be giving it to her. So, now I'm a little nervous. I hope it's obvious to me if she develops a UTI & I'm also sad at the thought of her being in pain from one, but we need to try to figure out if this is something that's going to cause any issues. Who knows... maybe she'll just be fine! If no infections develop, in three months we go back for an ultrasound to check on the progress of things. If infections do start, we go back sooner and... that's about all I know. Yesterday I lost my voice, so I couldn't really ask any questions today... Hahaha!!! Not the best day for that to happen. Oh well, I think I got the basics.
Baylee has been all smiles lately, so I've been getting some pictures of her. I'll add a few! :) So, next week Preston turns TWO!! We're soooo excited to be celebrating his little life! Except for Aubree who is really jealous that it's Preston's birthday & not hers. Oh boy!! Four year olds...
Oh yeah... Ok, a few weeks ago I mentioned her eyes being different colors. Well, the Dr. said she has Sectoral Heterchromia. I guess another genetic thing (she got all the weird stuff). So, her right eye is brown & her left eye is split brown/blue. I'm soooo fascinated about genetics & these kind of things... So, I wanted to share it! Plus, I think it's kind of cool. I like unique characteristics like this & I honestly don't know if it's going to stay. My guess is that the blue part is going to turn a green/hazel color & the brown will stay. So, it shouldn't be too noticeable in the future... But, in the meantime, I like staring at it. :)
Her facial expression in these pictures are kind of funny... But they were the closest pictures to trying to show what her eyes look like close-up...
Pretty interesting stuff... huh??
Labels:













Post a Comment