Packanack Lake Day 5k

Saturday, August 27, 2011 Posted by Dana J.
Packanack Lake is a really awesome lake community pretty close to us. I think this was their 5th Annual (?) community event. We started our day really early for an 8am run for the kids, Aubree took her race very seriously - and I think she dominated! :) After Aubree's race, they had some other kid festivities & then Garrick had his big 5k race (3.1 miles), which he did really great on. Our friends from Gainesville, Kirk & Laurie, got us in touch with a couple of their friends who actually live in this community & we were fortunate enough to spend our VERY HOT afternoon at their house, where the kids cooled down in the water. After a nice BBQ, we headed back down to this same park & watched a great fireworks show that the community put on. I didn't get any pictures of the actual fireworks... but it was none the less spectacular!

I do have to note that this was one of the hottest days EVER! We were dripping in sweat from 7:15am until 10pm. The heat NEVER let up! It was in mid-July when we had that awful heatwave.

Aubree's 2-4 year old race:
Music Entertainment for the kids


Garrick's race & his fans cooling off with some refreshing watermelon:

The after-party with some really sweet kids:
The many faces of Aubree...
Fireworks in the park...



Labels: