My boy....

Sunday, June 19, 2011 Posted by Dana J.
I gotta start taking pictures again! Time is flying by too fast & I've been much too lazy with my camera.

This morning, my little guy looked so happy laying on the changing table, I just had to run & grab my camera to snap a few. He actually thought my camera was funny (with all the shutter speed noises). Above him (the off-white blanket) is his favorite blanket, known affectionately as "Bebe" - Bebe goes EVERYWHERE with Preston, we're in big trouble when Bebe needs to take a bath in the washing machine.

Preston is now 16 1/2 months old... He has 7 teeth & three 1-year molars popping through. The boy can TALK & he actually speaks very well for a 16 month old. He even puts words together "what's that?", "where's Dada?" etc., when I answer him, he always replies "oh". If I had to guess, I would say that he could say well over 50-60+ words (which is actually on the advanced side - I'm going to toot my kids horn right now, ok?). He's been talking for a long time too & we really don't have any problems communicating with him. I'm personally impressed by this, because Aubree was much slower in the talking department. I think she was about 22 months when her verbal skills really kicked in.

We've started potty training Preston & he's done very well (Aubree was day-potty trained at 18 months). We haven't quite worked on him peeing in the toilet (although he has), we primarily are concentrating on him doing his #2 on the toilet. He's really catching on & will tell us when he has to go on the toilet. He's had very few accidents since our training started a couple months ago. I'm not really into changing the poopy diapers - who is?? Hahaha! So, if I can get this going 100% I will start on the day-time potty training & hopefully he'll just be in pull-ups at night, maybe towards the end of the year (which would be nice because by then I'll have another baby's diapers I gotta start changing!).

Preston loves any type of ball & has a collection of about 25-30. He throws balls very well, kicks them, kinda catches them... He's a total sports guy! He even likes watching any type of sports event on TV, that has balls & he'll sit there & say "Ball! Ball! Ball! Ball!" when the golfer is about to hit the ball, the baseball player throws the ball, etc. For now, that's his thing & I'm perfectly happy with him being a sports-guy! :)

Preston is also majorly obsessed with Albert (University of FL's mascot), anything green, alligator/crocodile/dragon looking is "Albert". He says Albert about 100 times a day. He also says Aubree a lot too (pronounces the "r" and all)! He also calls her sister & he's obsessed with her too. They're pretty cute together - anyway... That's my Preston update, because it's been awhile. I'll have to do an Aubree one too, but another time.

Oh... his eyes are still that green/blue/hazel color (changes with his surrounding colors), he's about 27 pounds (only 6 1/2 lbs lighter than Aubree) & oh... I can't even think about his height, maybe a little over 2 1/2 feet! :) I'll have to update that later.





Labels:
  1. Aww, precious Preston! ♥

    Yes, time does fly, Dana. Keep these pics posted for us...please!! I was just showing the blog to Nana, & Papa yesterday. They both loved it. I have to let them see these two new entries now! Papa wants to see some pics of Preston smiling. Haha!

  2. Oh my gosh... Aunt Darlene, thank you so much for showing the blog to Nana & Papa, I always feel bad that I don't get pictures sent to them! I really appreciate that! :)

    I will start taking more pics, sometimes I forget how in love I am with taking pics of the kids!