New York 3rd Full Day (actually day #4)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 Posted by Dana J.
Okay... this day we did, by far the most amount of walking. I think we walked 13 1/2 - 14 miles, Aubree walking at least 10 of those miles, probably more - that's just my guess! ;)

We started the day, eating breakfast at the apartment & then walked to Madison Square Park - my sister & brother-in-law live up by the American Museum of Natural History.... so it was quite a trek getting down there, but most of our reason for walking was to get good food (besides that fact that we really enjoyed all the walking) - and this trip was no exception. We had lunch at the most delicious hamburger place, Shake Shack - I'm in heaven!! LOVE that place. You can get a burger with a big, ole stuffed, deep fried mushroom right on top of the meat - it's indescribable, it was soooo delicious!!

After burgers, we walked over to a custom french fry place, Pommes Frites in Greenwich Village area - you get way too many fries, topped in whatever sauces you could possible dream up - most of them involving large quantities of mayo. Do you see why now that we choose to walk everywhere?

From there, we saw the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, ate Ice Cream (in the freezing cold) & then on to my favorite place to play with the kids, Central Park. I also finally got to see that Belvedere Castle & we got a sneak peak at the floats being blown up for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (which reminded me so much of that Seinfeld episode).

It was the most beautiful, blue, clear day, although it was very chilly... But we couldn't have asked for better weather.
(view from Madison Square Park & Shake Shack):

(waiting to get inside the busy, crowded Pommes Frites):

(and a self-portrait of me - I took most of the pictures from our NY trip with either a kid in my arm, or
another one by my side!) ;)
(just walking around...)

(Empire State Building):
(Rockefeller Center):

(Central Park):



(Belvedere Castle):
(Macy's Day Parade Floats):
Labels:
  1. Well, I've just taken a picture tour of your NYC trip, Dana, & I loved it! Wish I could have tasted all that good food though! lol I so want to visit there one day very soon! Love ya! ♥

    Aunt Darlene