Christmas Tree-cutting Adventure...

Friday, December 7, 2012 Posted by Dana J.
Our barbaric tradition continues.... :)

Last weekend we drove about 30 miles west to a nice Christmas Tree farm (Wintergreen(?), Garrick was feeling a bit under the weather, so we cancelled our plans of driving 100 miles north to CT, and just stuck with a Jersey Tree!

It was really nice, we had snow about 5 days prior & it was still here & there on the ground...Which was kind of cool because, it seems like that's what Christmas is all about... Cold, cozy & white! :) The trees even had chunks of snow on it - that was real fun when it started melting off in the house! :)

Here's our girl Baylee, she was not wanting to be held...
Preston was checking out the saws...
The farm had 6 or 7 different types of trees, the green ones on the left were (some type of Fir (Canaan)) & with Aubree on the left, those are ones... Colorado Blue Spruce (the one Garrick HAS to get every year!)

B... walking in the snow!
Looks like a winner!
In front of the choosen tree...










Labels:
  1. Love these glimpses into your life. (Doesn't hurt that you take such great pictures!)
    By the way, I just had one of those moments where I saw you with your 3 kids and thought, "OMG we're really grown up!!" I think I still think of us as high school kids ;) haha