Graduation...
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
...Has come & gone and I'm finally starting to let it all sink in. Graduation week was very hectic - maybe too hectic. It was filled with a lot of emotion. Knowing that on that evening of commencement, that we'd be having to say our "goodbye's" to people we had connected with, for the last 22 months... people who we would come to love as friends & consider as family, while living in Gainesville. We made some of the most wonderful relationships, they're relationships that we know we'll keep forever. We plan on having to make a lot of reunion trips & of course trying to keep as close as possible to a tight group of friends we have, despite the geographical distances.
Over the last two years here in Gainesville, we witnessed one engagement, two weddings, and the birth of 4 classmate's children (including Preston), with one child on the way :). When Garrick first started his classes, Aubree was the ONLY child in Garrick's 2-year traditional program. I had no idea that by the time Garrick's class would graduate, that there would be 5.5 children!
As for our family, I couldn't be more proud of Garrick! I felt so proud to be the wife of a University of Florida graduating MBA (Masters in Business Association), who worked so hard to earn this degree, even with the challenges of his additional roles, as "husband" & "father" to two children. It's was no easy task.
Here are just a few pictures from the evening ceremony...
(Garrick with just a few of his classmates)
(Garrick with just a few of his classmates)
(I'm so proud of this guy!!)
(our family)
Labels:












Aww, what a great time! I'm so proud of my nephew!♥
Very happy Philip, & I were able to attend! My first UF graduation, & I was actually acquainted with several of the graduates! How cool is that?!
Post a Comment