Cedar Key, FL
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
I've been absent for a long time... But we've actually been staying pretty busy. Taking a few day trips here & there, trying to see as much of Florida, as we can before we leave. Last month we went to Cedar Key (we also visited Disney World in Orlando... I'll need to do a post for that, one day too! ;)
Cedar Key, Fl is a very small fishing town on the gulf. It's about an hour drive West of Gainesville. While we were there, we saw dolphins jumping in the water, birds soaring over us, fishing boats out on the water, many small islands & a pretty big crew of bikers, stopping by for a beer.... or six! ;) There were a lot of smoky bars (one thing I won't miss about FL), and a lot of run-down seafood restaurants, most of them closed down... You can tell this small town has been hit hard by the recession. It's sad, because you can just imagine all the tourist that would come for the great seafood & a day away from the city life (if you can call Gainesville "city life"). It was a very beautiful area though... I really enjoyed strolling around grumpy Preston - who refuses to sleep anywhere other than his crib. We had great seafood, beautiful views & enjoyed a nice playground, right on a calm little children's beach.
I have been lacking in the picture-taking department... I don't like that I take so few pictures anymore. I gotta change that! Anyway, here are a few pictures from our day....All in all it was a good day & we had some of the best Key Lime Pie we've ever tasted, at a little hole in the wall - we love good finds! :)
Labels:












I'm always tickled when I see new posts on your blog! Can hardly wait for the Disney pics!(:
Post a Comment