Back to normal

Saturday, August 14, 2010 Posted by Dana J.
I feel like this post will be pretty hodge-podge, but I haven't made a post in awhile, so this morning I whipped out the camera to snap a few pictures of the kids. As you can see, they are growing!!

I feel like things are finally getting back to normal around here. Once the excitement of Garrick's arrival whined down... we kind of just morphed back into our regular routine. We did get Preston on a *pretty good sleeping schedule. He now can fall asleep on his own - without being nursed, or having one of us lay down next to him... which is HUGE!! He goes to bed between 9:30 to 10:30pm & usually sleeps until about 2am, then he gets fed & then back to bed until about 6am-7am (he'll then usually sleep with me until about 9:30am). He's also been taking two 3-hour naps (or 3 2-hour naps) during the day in his crib, so this definitely frees up some of my time... which I am very grateful for!!

Preston is 29 inches long & just barely under 20 pounds....




AUBREE IS GOING TO BE THREE in 1 month & 4 days!!!!!!!! How crazy is that??? She's gotten so mature! She's 39 inches tall (last October she was 35 1/2 inches tall), she's a pretty consistent 31 pounds. Which means she continues to thin out. She is now sleeping in a "BIG GIRL BED" & she's had an amazing transition into it! I think Garrick & I waiting until now was absolutely perfect for us! She goes to bed with no problems & we NEVER get any surprise visits from her at 3am! Actually, she doesn't even wake us up when she gets up, she wakes up, gets dressed... on her own (below is an example of the outfits she picks out), her outfits are almost always accompanied by a pair of high-heels. Then she starts playing, goes downstairs, raids the pantry... gets juice, snacks, etc. I have only healthy freeze dried fruits & pureed squeezes at her level... but every now & then, she manages to get her hands on a bag of pretzels!!
It's a pretty great set-up, for everyone! :)


(Aubree looking out at our construction - there is a major construction site right out this window)

Other than that, Garrick is getting ready to start his second year of school & is excited to be going into another year at UF, especially with all the wonderful friends we've made here. I have taken up photography & have gotten involved with a local photographer who is mentoring me & allowing me to go to photo shoots with her (to help build my portfolio), we did a wedding together last night & we have another one this afternoon! :) Annie is now living with us, helping us out with childcare & also working at an upscale Italian restaurant right across the street from us. My Mom comes for a 2-week visit on Monday night & we're thrilled to have her come visit, see where we live & meet our friends. Garrick & I think this is going to be a great year! We have a few friends here expecting babies in the next few months & of course... we're eagerly anticipating the arrival of Natalie & Eric's baby PLUS football season's almost here!!!!
Labels:
  1. Anonymous

    Precious! you are the perfect kids (: sign up that preston for 'pampers' commercials (;

  2. Anonymous

    correction*** you have the perfect kids (:

  3. Love the outfits Aubs picks out! Too cute!! (: