Symbolic?

Thursday, July 30, 2009 Posted by Dana J.
I had to write this & this is the last post until I'm in Florida (I think).

I was driving around town today, picking up medical records, buying a cooler for the truck, getting snacks at the grocery store - pretty much running around like crazy!!! On my way home, right in front of me for a couple miles was a black Jetta, like my 06' Jetta that I drove up to Northern CA in before beginning all these things God had in store for me (the one I turned in for a new car last year). On the back of the car it said "JETT" - My "A" had fallen off awhile back. I was like, wow... that could be my car!! The registration was November (like my car) & the license plate frame said "Niello" (that's who I turned the car into) ANYWAY... I looked at the license plate & it was my old one 5SGT129... That WAS my old car. The car I was in when I packed up from Orange County, not really knowing what my future would hold, the car I brought my baby home in... The car that eventually lead me to my life now.

I thought it was symbolic to see that car & out of all days... The day before we depart for our NEW life in Florida. It felt good to see that car & it also brought back so many memories of my previous adventure & as challenging as that was and as scary as that was, it was so worth it. So, I am now accepting of my adventure (as scary & as challenging as it may be)... Only this time I'm doing it with my FAMILY! :)
Labels:
  1. Ok, I got chills! :) Seriously! That reminds me of the time when I was seriously considering marrying my now hubby, Jim. I was sure all the signs were there, but wanted a real SIGN! That day, a car drove by me on the freeway - I'm not kidding, the license plate read: JIMLARA. I was in awe! :) Your Jett :) was definitely a sign. Good things ahead...

    Lara

  2. Awwww, ok I must be such a sap because for some reason that made me want to cry!

    I seriously think it's a sign from God that you guys are going to do so great and it's time to move on to this next chapter of your life!

    I'm going to miss you guys but am so glad I'll be getting updates via your blog. Good luck in Florida!

    Jenelle

  3. I miss you guys already... I hope Garrick let you all stop and stretch your legs out! Let us know when you get settled in :)