New Life Adventure
Monday, July 27, 2009

So.... Seems as though God did have some big plans for us in 2009. Just a few days ago Garrick was accepted to the University of Florida... For this year!!! Which means we have about one week to pack up everything we know & love here in Sacramento and relocate our growing family to Gainesville, FL.
The instant we found out this news, Garrick started acquiring his student loans, looking for a place to live for all of us & getting his acceptance papers together. Much has happened over the last few days. Loans are in motion, we locked down a loft & have already begun selling some of our things & packing!!! Aubree's room & toys are mostly packed, my stuff is getting there and the kitchen has started transforming into boxes. This feels crazy & overwhelming, but we'll get everything packed & loaded by Thursday at midnight... Just in time for our early Friday morning departure.
The loft that we'll be living in is 6-7 blocks from Garrick's Business School, about 10 blocks from the amazing football stadium where OUR beloved Gator's DOMINATE each year & just a couple blocks to bars, cafes & restaurants. It puts us in the heart of Gainesville, minus some of the immediate areas the undergrads infest!! Haha! :) It's a great location & I can walk to pretty much everywhere except my grocery store of choosing (Publix - the best place to shop in the South-East) & Target. Our loft is a three bedroom, two story unit above some restaurants, more-so cafes. We'll have two bedrooms & a bathroom upstairs and downstairs would be our laundry, kitchen/living area, third bedroom & bathroom.
This past weekend my mom, Kelly & Annie came up to help pack, but mostly visit! :) I just can't work when there is an option to talk & enjoy each other's company under these circumstances. We did get a lot done & Aubree LOVED having the company and dancing on the table for all of us. On Saturday night, we had our closest Sacramento friends come over for a BBQ to say Goodbye. That BBQ turned into going out to a bar/Lounge & then some Blackjack gambling until 3am!! That's the latest I have been out in, probably 5 years. But I had to be the DD and get Garrick & his buddies to where they needed to get safely, plus it was fun hanging out with the people we love! :) Something like that is so worth the memories when you may never return to California to live again.
We may end up being East-Coast people for the rest of our lives if these next couple years goes by successfully. And that is why I am struggling with this, this is a huge change & it's hard on me. It's hard for me to be that much farther away from my family & friends, my home state & the things I'm familiar with. I'm also very excited, don't get me wrong! I just have a lot of mixed emotions (maybe it's this pregnancy), and as much as I sometimes enjoy the anticipation of change, the actual change can & will be challenging.
I do have hopes & prayers coming into this... I of course hope & pray for Garrick's future success, but also for Aubree, new baby & my adjustments, I pray that we meet some nice couples & families, develop a good support system & try to enjoy every minute over the next two, possibly stressful years ahead of us. This will be an experience like none we have ever shared before & it is my hope that we really, truly can appreciate it, laugh at the battles, be protected, yet have fun, live a little like college kids (when we can) & give our kids a great Gainesville life & experience!
So... We hit the road on Friday morning!!! Hope to arrive in Gainesville early the following week (Monday 8/3, Tuesday 8/4)... We'll have to see how many stops we can limit with Aubree. It'll be us three (four) sitting on that uncomfortable moving truck bench for days!! 40 hours non-stop driving, so we'll try to get 10-12 hours of driving in on a day.
We will greatly miss all of our California friends & family!!! You all hold a very special place in our hearts & nothing will change that. We also hope that some of you can get out there to visit us, especially during the exciting football & basketball seasons. We're so excited to be Gators!!
GO GATORS!!!!!!!!






Congrats and Good luck!!!!!! Looks like it's all coming together beautifully for you!!!
Your Sacramento Borders friends,
Lara, Peter and Katie (Jenelle's friends.)
Awwww Dana I'm so excited for you but so sad to see you go at the same time!! I am so glad we met you last year and have gotten to see you once in a while at Borders. Aubree is growing up to be such a beautiful and caring little girl. I'm wishing luck in your new life in Florida and I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or a girl!
Please can I see you before you go? Will you call or e-mail me because I seemed to have lost your phone number :(
Hope to see you before Friday (whenever works for you because I'm sure you're super busy!)
Jenelle
Nevermind the e-mail, I just dug up my old phone and found your number.
P.S. I'm loving the new orange background on your blog!
Post a Comment