Preston is almost 4 1/2 months old!!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 Posted by Dana J.
Time has literally, flown by!

Preston can now sit independently up to about 45 seconds, before his back goes out, or he just gets lazy/loses interest. I had started him on Rice Cereal, but have since stopped... I think it would be fine for me to re-start & I will shortly, but it seems as though he developed some sort of Soy Allergy - not that the Rice Cereal has Soy in it, just that around the same time as the introduction of the cereal, I had also started supplementing him with a little formula (boy can eat!!) & out of convenience used the free sample jug from Similac - now why would they mail me free Soy Formula?? Anyway - after a few EXTREMELY miserable, sleepless nights, I realized that my poor little guy was in pain - tummy pains, plus swollen, red & a little pimple-like rash around & under his eyes! :( I immediately threw away that Similac & got my old, trusty Enfamil! He will take a bottle every so often when he gets too fussy to wait for the let-down... like I said, boy can eat & eat a lot, he gets impatient! He's really alert & like every parent & grandparent - we all think he'll be some kind of boy genius.... but I'm still hoping for my NFL Quarterback! But, in the end... it doesn't matter how smart he is, or what he becomes... he's my precious little baby boy!

The last, almost 3 weeks I have been staying with my In-laws down in West Palm Beach, I think I already mentioned this... Anyway, next Tuesday, we head West bound!!! I still think I may be a little crazy to be flying cross-country, alone with just a 2 1/2 year old & a 4 1/2 month old - I'm already preparing to get the "stink eye" from a few people on the plane - but seriously... Do people really think I'm going to want my baby to cry on the plane?? And God forbid Aubree has to go Pee-pee on the plane, what will I do?? All three of us in that tiny bathroom, bumping around in there... Oh man, I'm praying God sends me an angel to come & help me with Preston, if that's the case. The good news is, it's a direct flight AND I'll be able to introduce my son to my parents & sisters for the first time!! He is the first boy to come, in a very, very long time! It's exciting!

I am also excited for the opportunity to start building my portfolio, I have about 8 photo shoots lined up & I am getting so excited to start seeing things unfold! I feel like God is really leading me into this direction... Do you all know about my new business venture? It's in the very beginning stages check out my photography blog in a couple weeks! And of course, one of the main reasons - well, the only reason I'm making my way out to CA this summer is to visit my fabulous husband, who I haven't seen in almost a month! However, with any trip I have to Southern CA, I always jam it up with tons of visits with girlfriends, spending time with my friends kids, meeting new children of my friends, beach BBQ's, Happy Hours, coffee with my parents every morning, Disneyland... Oh! And one very important day... My baby sister, Annie's High School Graduation!! I'm so excited to visit my old High School & for our family to close that chapter in our lives.

Okay - that's too much writing for now.... See you soon CA! :)
A couple quick pics of my little man sitting...
Labels: