Been too long....

Friday, January 23, 2009 Posted by Dana J.

So, since not much has happened for us in the last couple weeks.... I guess I'll make a post about one of the most heartbreaking days in my life history & by far, the worst day of 2009.

On January 4th, 2009 we were in Florida, attending the Miami Dolphins AFC playoff game. The Dolphins played the Raven's & let me just say that the outcome was anything but good. The last three minutes of the game, fans started leaving & just about every other Dolphin fan in the stadium had tears in their eyes. :( Our hopes of been AFC Champs had been lost.

Some might say that we should all be happy, the Dolphins had one of the most amazing season turn arounds in NFL history. In 2007, the Dolphins were 1-15, in 2008 the Dolphins were 11-5 & clinched the AFC East Division. Some would say that I should be happy - with a $5 bet on the Dolphins winning the AFC East... I won $200. But I could have won $3,000 on my $20 bet if the Dolphins won the Superbowl.... Haha :), okay, it isn't about the money. It's about the immense love for the Dolphins, the sleepless nights leading up to this playoff game, the anticipation, the fact that I developed TMJ because of it... the love we have for each one of the Dolphin's players & the franchise, the hopes & then the heartache & the tears. The fact that we have to wait nine months to start up the season again...

I played my hardest at the game too. The Dolphins have never really had a "home-field advantage" & I wanted them to have that. I don't watch football in the stadium (I do the NFL Package in the comfort of my home since I am 3,000 miles away), so I don't really know the "rules" of the fans. My wonderful husband filled me in with all the details. You cheer, yell... make as much noise as possible when your team's defense is up... We do this so that when the opponent's offense is up, they can't hear their play calling. Then, you be silent when the offense is up; we want our Quaterback to be able to call plays & have our team hear.

The rule I came up with was to destroy any annoing Raven's fans... And yes, Garrick - that includes ripping the "Wacko for Flacco" sign out of the purple-wigged annoying girl's hand. Nothing is worse than a Raven's fan, who has no idea what's going on, waving an annoying sign two rows in front of you at the 50-yard line. No regrets.

All in all, it was an emotional day & I was sad to see our season end. We love what Parcell's & Sparano did for the Dolphins this year... We love, love, LOVE Chad Pennington (thank you Jets & Favre), loved the wild-cat (Ronnie & Ricky), loved all the new talent & can't wait for our new season... Although with a challenging schedule, I can't wait to see how the Dolphins amaze everyone in the NFL world.

Okay...I'm done. Go Fins!!!!
















Labels:
  1. I know you enjoyed that experience!! Looks like it was tons of fun, although I wish the outcome had been better!

    Love ya! ♥